Do you have a swimming pool at home? Know someone who does? Did you know that drowning is the number one cause of accidental death for children 1-4 years old. You and all parents in Louisiana and Mississippi can be a Life Saver. Just use the pool safety form below to help you evaluate your swimming pool for kids’ safety.
How Many Layers of Protection Do You Have in Place? Here are some:
- High locks on all doors and windows that lead to the pool
- Alarms on all the doors and windows that lead to the pool
- Pool safety fence with a self-closing, self-latching gate between the home and pool that isolates the pool
- Perimeter fence around the entire backyard
- Alarm in the pool that detects entry
- No doggy door/sealed doggy door leading to the pool
- Automatic pool safety cover
- Pool net
- Children under 5 wear personal immersion alarms, e.g. Safety Turtle
- All children in the house over 12 months old have completed/are enrolled in swim survival training
- All adults in the house know how to swim
- All adults in the house know CPR
- You use Water Watcher lanyards during pool time
Implementing multiple layers of protection can help prevent accidental pool drowning. The more layers of protection in place, the safer the pool and the closer you are to a fail-safe system.
Life Saver Pool Fence of Louisiana can help you evaluate your swimming pool for safety and recommend multiple layers of protection to help protect kids and even pets from drownings.
Call 985-397-1785 for a FREE pool safety evaluation. Help prevent pool drownings!